Saturday, January 4, 2014

New Year Wishes 2014

 Happy New Year to you all!

I hope 2014 will be a wonderful, healthy and prosperous year for you and your family.
I am glad to say that 2013 was a much better business year for me and that we had lots of memorable family moments......................
 I got to zoom around with Izzy, my grand-daughter, who is almost 3 years old now
 Help Carolyn, my youngest daughter, prepare for her wedding- lots of silk flowers!

She is a zookeeper and I was able to go out and visit her at the Little Rock Zoo and see the many animals she cared for there. She is back in the bay area working at the SF Zoo- yay! Now I can see her more often!
 She picked some lovely wedding colors!
  I attended the wedding of a family friend in a gorgeous Rose Garden in Walnut Creek- the day after my daughters wedding! Wow.
Spent time camping and flew kites in Big Sur and Carmel with Christine, my older daughter and her family. Most especially Izzy!

 And of course I spent many, many, many hours designing beautiful gardens, helping homeowners and contractors plus driving 20,000 miles total for work.
It will take many years to repair the ravages of the recession but I am still at the drafting board creating lovely environments to draw people outdoors and enhance their lives.

 Beautiful, logical, useful and designed to fit the family my gardens have blossomed over the last 29 years making my life and the lives of my clients interactive with the outdoor world. Its a wonderful legacy and lovely to see the gardens mature and carry on over many decades.
 It is a joy to see the world becoming more thoughtful to the environmental impact of our dwellings, habits and actions. This is a picture of a living roof at the LA zoo- pretty isn't it?
The girls got me an Ipad air for Christmas so now I am being launched into warp drive. I am creating fabulous new albums of pictures to show clients materials and plants. I am so excited and my old body appreciates the lightweight version of my previous rolling library of 20 pound books (4 of them) in a giant suitcase.

So we rocket into 2014- maybe on this giant grasshopper! Make merry and stay well and don't forget to smell the flowers, herbs and aromas of the garden.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment and visiting the blog.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home